Objective / Purpose:
This purpose of this position is to successfully execute the operational strategy through sound leadership of all hotel activities in alignment with the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks:
Performance must reflect appropriate level of expertise and achievement of the desired results for the items listed below.
- Achieve or exceed financial results (GOP, Revenue, Flow-Through)
- Prepare location specific annual budget with appropriate department heads to align operational needs
- Lead execution of Food & Beverage strategies, execution & community presence to achieve revenue targets.
- Monitor sales & top line revenues to achieve targets. Adjust operational expenses to achieve flow.
- Manage departmental labor & expenses through adherence to protocol, close monitoring and approval of purchase orders, accurate monthly forecasting, and comprehensive P&L reviews.
- Direct and coordinate operational activities of all departments in effort to affect operational efficiency.
- Achieve guest satisfaction targets
- Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- Directing and coordinating Engineering discipline in order to preserve and protect asset.
- Directing and coordinating Rooms division objectives, standards and activities in order to achieve service levels.
- Achieve cultural alignment, engagement & retention targets
- Ensure and enforce workplace safety and risk management protocols.
- Serve as leader of the Crisis Management Team
- Active participant and attendee per Kessler Meeting protocol
- Contribute content for the creation of the Kessler Connection
- Attend and ensure proper facilitation of Stand-Up
- Contribute content for the Kessler Exchange location specific page
- Member of Executive Board (GM, DHR, Controller)
- Active participant and attendee of all Grand Performer Events
- Community relations
- Embody personality of the hotel in alignment with company’s vision and strategic direction.
- Communicate to third parties with appropriate discretion through proper protocols.
- Establish appropriate presence in community aligned with sales, food & beverage, and relevant community / industry issues.
- Attend all Kessler Cares Community Involvement Events & Corporate Initiatives
Supervisory / Leadership Responsibilities:
An inspiring leader selects the best possible candidate for each position, provides structure, direction, feedback, recognition and accountability; in addition to facilitating team processes, on-going training and delegation for the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies.
- Administrative Assistant (Shared or Exclusive)
- Sr. Food and Beverage Department Leader
- Sr. Culinary Department Leader (if applicable)
- Hotel Manager
- Sr. Gallery Department Leader
- Sr. Sales and Catering Department Leader
- Sr. Engineering Department Leader
A team player must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Sr. Accounting Leader
- Sr. Human Resources Leader
- Corporate Sr. Food & Beverage Leader
- Corporate Sr. Revenue Leader
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and ability required of a successful incumbent within our culture.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Proven track record in delivering financial results.
- Ability to build a cohesive team and facilitate accomplishment of goals.
- Proven track record of positive employee satisfaction scores.
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.
Minimum Qualifications / Education / Certifications / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience in similar title and scope of responsibility - required
2. Career Experience:
- Extensive experience in hotel operations - preferred
3. Cultural Experience:
a. Hospitality industry experience – required
b. Luxury brand experience – preferred
c. Similar size organization – preferred
d. Fast paced / entrepreneurial / high change / growing company – preferred
4. Systems Experience:
a. Microsoft suite experience: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint – required, One-Note – preferred
5. Licenses / Certifications: Valid driver’s license – required
Work Environment / Conditions:
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience, and therefore must be adaptable to.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, with and without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
Physical Requirements / Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods utilizing computer/keyboard, and mobile communication devices.
- Regularly required to stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs, reach with hands and arms.