|Job Title:||Associate Research Fellow/Research Fellow||Department:||DSGD|
|Location:||Cairo, Egypt||Appointment Duration:||2 Year|
|Job Code:||18-126||Position Type:||Renewable|
|Recruitment Type:||International||US FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as an Associate Research Fellow (ARF) / Research Fellow (RF) for a two (2) year, fixed term, renewable appointment for its Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSGD). This position will be based at IFPRI’s Egypt office located in Cairo. The position involves travel to other countries where IFPRI conducts its research as well as to IFPRI’s headquarter in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will join the research team focusing on impact evaluations of policies and programs for enhancing agriculture-nutrition linkages. As part of the team, she/he will work in close collaboration with IFPRI senior researchers in Cairo and Washington, DC, as well as with local and international partners. Her/his main duties will be to produce cutting edge research and the development and dissemination of research products. The successful candidate will also contribute to IFPRI’s broader research and capacity building agenda and have the opportunity to develop her/his own research projects that serve the broad research agenda of IFPRI Egypt and IFPRI.
Please note that ARF appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions. After the maximum appointment term, ARFs may be considered for a promotion to the next level. The final grade level will be determined by demonstrated experience and track record of publications.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Conduct quantitative research on the impact of agricultural and rural development policies and projects on nutrition outcomes
• Contribute to impact evaluations on social protection programs
• Conduct innovative research on agricultural and rural transformation, with a particular attention to poverty reduction, food security, and employment using cutting-edge econometric modeling techniques
• Publish papers in top, peer-reviewed journals and IFPRI outlets (books, policy briefs etc.)
• Represent projects at various occasions, including at conferences and meetings
• Support the broader IFPRI Egypt research agenda, assist in reporting on program/project activities and help developing new research projects
• PhD in Economics, Agricultural Economics or closely related fields
• Excellent econometric/statistical skills and excellent knowledge of STATA
• Demonstrated knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques used in microeconomic analysis and panel data analysis
• Experience in working with/combining different datasets like household surveys, agricultural surveys, and other socioeconomic datasets for innovative statistical and econometric analysis
• Demonstrated capacity to produce high-quality research for publication in top, peer-reviewed journals
• Strong team player, self-motivated and ability to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds
• Willingness to relocate to Egypt and travel to other MENA countries, particularly Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
At the Research Fellow Level:
• Excellent publication record in peer-reviewed journals
• 3+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job and demonstrated fundraising experience
• Major external recognition within peer professional network due to publications and other leaderships activities
• Demonstrated leadership skills and strong experience building and managing teams
• Familiarity with the literature and demonstrated research experience in one or more of the following areas: agricultural development, public investments, employment, food security, poverty reduction, and migration
• Familiarity with social accounting matrices, computable general equilibrium models and related microsimulation tools
• Familiarity with GAMS
• Field experience in collecting quantitative project and household data in developing countries
• Working experience in the Middle East and North Africa region
• Knowledge of French
• Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) Arabic
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied ONLINE to an IFPRI Position, please input your e-mail address and password below to access your existing profile and apply for this position.
If you have technical difficulties and cannot access the online application form or have questions about the form, please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Back to Search Results