|Job Title:||Associate Research Fellow/Research Fellow||Department:||SAR|
|Location:||New Delhi, India||Appointment Duration:||2 Year|
|Job Code:||19-110||Position Type:||Renewable|
|Recruitment Type:||International||US FLSA Status:||Not applicable|
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as an Associate Research Fellow (ARF) or Research Fellow (RF) for a two-year, fixed term, renewable appointment in the South Asia Region Office (SAR). The selected candidate will conduct research under Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security. This position will include collaborating with partners in South Asian countries, on the development of proposals to funders, shaping the research agenda under this program, and conducting and publishing research in climate change issues, and other related topics. The candidate will also work on other related research projects, as needed. The position is based in New Delhi, India and will require travel within the region and internationally.
Please note that ARF appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions. After the maximum appointment term, ARFs may be considered for a promotion to the next level. The final grade level will be determined by demonstrated experience and track record of publications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Conducting research related to climate change
• Developing and overseeing individual work plans, coordinating research activities, and contributing to developing new ideas into proposals
• Developing and managing research projects
• Manage survey field work activities and working closely with senior researchers, local collaborators and research support staff and liaising with program donors
• Conduct empirical analysis using rigorous methods. Prepare technical reports and journal articles
• Disseminate research findings to governments, donors, the academic community and other stakeholders at national, regional and international levels
• Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals
• Maintain relationships with research program donors.
• PhD in Economics, Agricultural Economics or other related fields
• Proficiency in quantitative research methods, especially on climate change modelling
• Experience working in multi-cultural teams
• Demonstrated ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals
• Demonstrated ability to effectively design and implement survey data collection
• Ability and experience in managing internal and external relationships with project teams, donors, and collaborators
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
At the Research Fellow Level:
• Excellent publication record in peer-reviewed journals
• 3+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job and demonstrated fundraising experience
• Major external recognition within peer professional network due to publications and other leaderships activities
• Demonstrated leadership skills and strong experience building and managing teams.
• Familiarity with agricultural policy research, climate change issues and analysis in developing countries
• Familiarity with research methods and modelling for investment prioritization
• Capability and interest in capacity strengthening and policy dialogue with international NGOs and donor agencies
• Understanding of multi-sectoral program and policy design and implementation, and experience working with program implementers and policy makers such as governments, non-governmental organizations and United Nations institutions
• Experience working with researchers from other social and biological sciences
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied ONLINE to an IFPRI Position, please input your e-mail address and password below to access your existing profile and apply for this position.
If you have technical difficulties and cannot access the online application form or have questions about the form, please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Back to Search Results