The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Pakistan seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst I/II within the Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSGD). This is a One year, fixed-term, renewable appointment based in Islamabad, Pakistan. The RA-I/II will work on Pakistan Agriculture Capacity Enhancement (PACE) project. Final grade level will be determined by years of experience. Applicants must have work authorization for Pakistan.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Co-author reports and edit publications.
- Help develop & coordinate technical workshops (HQ and in the field)
- Assist in preparation of discussion papers, donor reports
- Maintain applicable websites, annotated bibliographies &/or project inventories.
- Develop data documentation manuals or other learning materials, as needed
- Assist in handling household survey data (including survey design, sampling & questionnaire)
- Assist with field implementation of survey activities (training survey enumerators, field supervision of surveys, etc.)
- Assist with development of research instruments and analytical tools
- Conduct data analysis, statistical analysis, econometric analysis
- Conduct literature reviews & synthesis
- Assist in preparing large datasets for public access
- Reply to internal/external data requests
- Assist in designing training modules and organizing consultative workshops
- Assist in Institutional analysis, capacity enhancement and institutional strengthening
- Draft Policy Notes, blogs and communication products using research results
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- At the Research Analyst I level, Bachelors degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Econometrics, Public Policy or a closely related field plus 2 years of relevant experience or Masters degree in the above disciplines
- At the Research Analyst II level, Masters degree in the above disciplines plus 3 years of relevant experience following the degree.
- Strong background in Microeconomics, Management, or Organizational Dynamics Analysis
- 3 years or more post-Master’s work experience in relevant field in case of RA-II
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating activities in the field
- Experience assisting in coordinating data field surveys in Asia
- Demonstrated experience in effective interaction and coordination with collaborators and project partners.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to perform quantitative data analysis
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind
- Excellent econometric skills on cross-section and panel data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results.
- Skills in financial analysis, nutrition related topics, or economic modelling
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision
- Familiarity with popular software packages & Internet based systems
- Skilled in programming in Stata/SPSS/GAMS and in managing household databases
- Strong background in microeconomics, econometric models and public policy
- Demonstrated professional experience in designing training modules, institutional change, capacity building and report writing
- Proficiency in a second language of the U.N. system, and independently conducting technical workshops