General Summary of Job Duties
Guest Room Attendant cleans Hotel Rooms and Common Hotel areas while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Cleans guest rooms including duties such as making bed(s), vacuuming, emptying trash, wiping sown or dusting all surfaces.
- Replenishes all guest amenities and information folders as needed.
- Cleans bathrooms by scrubbing basins, bathtubs, shower walls and doors, toilets, and tile floors with damp tags and proper chemicals when applicable.
- Replenishes all amenities such as ashtrays, soaps, and tissues.
- Places clean bath mats on tub and/or shower doors and clean towels on towel rack.
- Reports unusual room conditions or rooms in need of repair.
- Reports status of rooms clean/unclean, vacant/occupied via the in-room phone system.
- Complete all duties in accordance with the room classification checklist.
- Follows all safety policies and guidelines of the department, company, stat, and federal authorities.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.