General Summary of Job Duties
The Bellman is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to Hotel front desk and ensuring they are aware of all amenities offered by the property.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Transporting luggage of hotel guests to and from their rooms.
- Unloads the luggage of guests from their cars and/or buses and brings them to the Front Desk.
- Escorts guests and transports their luggage to assigned rooms in the hotel.
- Stores luggage in the baggage room for guests as needed.
- Picks up the luggage of departing guests from their rooms; transports and loads items into guest’s vehicles.
- Picks up dirty laundry and delivers clean laundry to guests of the hotel.
- Transports wheelchair to guests from time to time.
- Delivers gift baskets, fruit baskets, or champagne to guest rooms.
- Promotes positive customer service by assisting guests with information and special requests.
- Maintains general cleanliness of Bell desk, bell cards and baggage room.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmospher
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic Reading and Writing skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that contribute to smooth working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Valet experience helpful.