General Summary of Job Duties
Responsible for contributing to the efficient operation of the Store by making sure company policies and procedures are followed and to ensure that the shift contributes to the increase of profitability of the Store. Supervises, trains and coaches retail sales associates and manages the daily activities of the Store. Individuals holding this position must be pre-qualified by the Regional Manager as promotable to the General Manager position within the region.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Reviews the store’s monthly profit/loss statement, vendor analysis and retail reports, and recommending action to improve the operation.
- Ensures merchandise is stocked and attractively displayed.
- Ensures accurate shift reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Inspects store facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness and proper working order, submitting reports and calls for repairs, maintenance and safety. Maintains acceptable scores on inspections performed by Field Representative.
- Establishes work schedule in accordance with policy and labor goals, manages overtime hours of Sales Associates and maintains accurate associate timesheets.
- Obeys and enforces city, parish, state, and federal laws affecting the store’s operations.
- Prepares and submits all paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Orders merchandise on a timely basis, assuring that proper check-in procedures are followed, pricing is correct and inventory is stocked as required.
- Supervises, trains and coaches retail Sales Associates and evaluates associates’ progress as necessary.
- Keeps support material such as price books, training manuals, and operational procedures updated and available.
- May conduct night-time surprise inspection every week or more often if necessary.
- Familiar with all casino operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required to work irregular hours, attend job-related meetings, transfer to other store locations, and other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the desire to be promoted into a General Manager role within the company.
- Must have the ability to work within Region at multiple properties for extended periods of time
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to counsel and develop subordinates in a fair, equal, and favorable work environment.
- Ability to perform basic math and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and gross profit margins.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and produce manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Must have or successfully apply for LRV Card (Louisiana Responsible Vendor)