General Summary of Job Duties
The Nevada Facilities Project Manager is responsible for coordinating various construction-related projects in our Nevada region under the supervision of the Corporate Facilities Director. This includes reviewing plans, working with contractors, and providing assistance to ensure project scope is completed timely, accurately and within budget.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Review Facilities-related capital projects for scope and timing with Corporate Director
- Develops plans for updating and remodeling of existing facilities.
- Evaluates feasibility of changes to existing facilities.
- Analyze pricing of different options on facility remodeling projects, including electrical, painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC systems.
- Provide input as requested with maintenance related issues.
- Attend local government meetings.
- Evaluates bids for capital projects and makes recommendations.
- Assists in the planning and execution of projects.
- Other Related duties include but are not limited to complying with the following: government regulations relative to construction, remodeling, permits.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status and deliverables
- Occasional travel may be required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Prior experience in CAD, Excel and other Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience in planning and coordinating large-scale construction projects including bidding, scheduling, and working with engineers, architects and property management
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
- Understanding of quality construction standards and proper construction techniques.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Communication skills that contribute to effective working relationships with vendors, contractors, Planning
- Committees and employees.
- Ability to function as part of a team or alone.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Some technical or commercial training is necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Six years of experience in a minimum of two of the following categories: Electrical, Heating and Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Building repair, Carpentry, Large Pumps and Motors,
- Familiarity with casino facilities, including restaurant and kitchen areas a plus