General Summary of Job Duties
The position will be responsible for managing the projects, development, implementation, installation and operation of information and functional systems for the Lodge and Gilpin casinos. This position also provides management of Technical Support Analyst.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest and employee services according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc.’s Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Provide management, direction and leadership in functional IT areas such as projects, computer operations, networking, technical support, and or systems administrations.
- Oversees functionality, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, applications, and hardware related to the Lodge and Gilpin casinos.
- Networking - Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the Lodge and Gilpin Casinos informational infrastructure.
- Telephony - Oversees all telephone changes.
- Internal Systems - Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery, and provides expert support when necessary.
- Asset Management - Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products. Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by the Lodge and Gilpin casinos.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience.
- Effectively facilitates team meetings.
- Holds regular status meetings with the team, peers, and management.
- Provides timely and effective performance management of all IT staff.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner, and encourages team members to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Demonstrated technical skills in IT operations and systems management.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Expertise in providing support of various distributed systems’ hardware and software in a predominately Dell, Microsoft and Cisco environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Must have five or more years of practical IT Management Experience.
- Curious. Demonstrating the ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Energetic. Having a bias for action and getting things done, while constantly striving to improve.
- Analytical. Fluent with data and numbers, unafraid to ask questions until you understand and can visualize options.
- Innovative. Seeking out unconventional solutions to problems and applying creativity in practical ways.
- Creativity. Thinking outside the box, developing a tolerance for ambiguity, and maintaining an openness to change.
- Growth mindset. Unafraid of failure, persisting until achieving success, comfortable with rapid change and low clarity.
- Articulate. Can express yourself effectively verbally and on paper, working with others diplomatically and skillfully.
- Agile. Able to think quickly and clearly; adaptable, resourceful, and nimble
- Completely reliable & trustworthy.