General Summary of Job Duties
Supervise staff on shift and ensure proper staffing levels in order to provide high standards of service with minimum labor hours. Counsel, guide and instruct employees in the proper performance of their duties. Administer all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Administer all aspects of the food and beverage department at food and beverage facilities.
- Make periodic inspections of all areas.
- Prepare and coordinate the periodical performance review of assigned personnel.
- Evaluate and monitor employee’s performance.
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communication upward, downward and laterally.
- Scheduling weekly work schedules and assigning work areas to all food and beverage staff.
- Hiring and work with the department trainer to train new hires.
- Follow up with the service standards of the department.
- Perform all duties as necessary for the success of the department.
- Administer all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Administer strong leadership skills, morale/team building abilities, and excellent employee/ customer relations.
- Uphold standards by setting examples with appearance and work ethic.
- Supervise staff on shift and ensure proper staffing levels in order to provide high standards of service with minimum labor hours.
- Oversees restaurant/bar staff in the performance of their duties.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Computer skills to include Infogenesis, Patron, Word and Excel programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent Work Experience.
- TIPS Certification required (training provided).
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
- Must have knowledge of F&B experience