General Summary of Job Duties
The Snack Bar Attendant serves food and beverage products to guests visiting the Snack Bar.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Assist guests in food and beverage selection by describing specials or menu changes, answering food preparation questions, taking the order and upselling where possible, relaying orders to kitchen or preparing food directly, identifying any special requests and keying orders into POS, delivering completed orders to customer providing appropriate accompaniments or garnishes, ensuring that all orders meet proper presentation and quality standards, packaging to go orders as needed, dispensing beverages, calculating bills and collecting payment from guests.
- Provide guests with efficient food service by maintaining attractively merchandised display foods, clean counters, dishes, trays, floors and equipment, sufficient levels of inventory in storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers, proper temperature in refrigerators and coolers, proper safety, sanitation and food handling standards.
- Maintain and efficiently run snack bar by managing cash drawer(verifying the balance, counting the money and recording the amount and balances of each day), informing the supervisor of supply shortages and customer request/comments, monitoring upcoming events which might affect operations and following opening/closing procedures(turning on/off and cleaning appropriate machines, storing perishable food and preparing for the following day and locking snack bar area)
- May assist in training other snack bar attendants.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guests, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.