General Summary of Job Duties
The IT Network Engineer is a key member of the corporate IT Infrastructure team and takes on the responsibility of functional expert in the areas of LAN/WAN, voice and telecom administration. This position also is a key contributor to the administration and design of the firewall, and virtual environments supported by the IT Department. The IT Network Engineer will not have any direct employees under their responsibility. This job is a combination of systems and network administration and design including voice and telco.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Manages the day-to-day telecommunications activities, including planning and maintenance of voice and data circuits, and video telecommunication systems
- Create and perform periodic checks on network switches, routers, firewalls and VOIP phone system
- Document ticketing and project management system as required
- Recommend, Install and configure network management and monitoring tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues
- Recommend, test and deploy firmware updates on all network equipment and firewall periodically as required
- Perform WAN configuration of Firewall and routers. Troubleshoot and resolve routing issues
- Configure and test network failover
- Install, configure and maintain network switches, routers, firewalls and other network appliances including voice, wireless and video conferencing equipment
- Participate in the installation and support of IT Infrastructure systems including Storage Arrays, ESXi servers and virtual servers
- Participate in security reviews and make recommendations to improve security. Respond to security threats as needed
- Complete project and incident assignments on time
- Evaluate contracts with outside carriers providing voice and data access lines at all enterprise locations.
- Create and maintain complete network documentation including diagrams, theory of operation and troubleshooting guides
- Create and maintain work instructions for service desk including training with service desk team and manager for repeatable tasks
- Participate in team, departmental and project meetings providing input and suggestions
- Be able to work outside normal working hours as needed
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- University or college bachelor’s degree in a technical field or 5 years equivalent experience
- Cisco, Brocade or Fortinet certificates preferred
- 3 years configuring and supporting switches, routers, firewalls
- 2 years supporting Cisco voice solutions
- Ability to read analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Advanced knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Domain and Active Directory support
- ITIL certificate or knowledge