General Summary of Job Duties
The Security Officer protects the internal and external assets of the casino and its patrons as well as the safety and health of its employees and patrons by performing the duties listed below.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Carries out the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in his/her absence.
- Identifies security problems and develops solutions in coordination with management.
- Identify violations of the gaming regulations, company policies and house rules.
- Identify other threats, and/or potential threats, to the assets of Gold Dust West Casino - Reno Gaming and Development.
- Trains under the Security Shift Supervisor ensuring the enforcement of GDW/Reno Security Policy including Nevada law and Division of Gaming Regulations.
- Ensures security for all classified information held on company premises.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma and/or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity.
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States.
- Ability to obtain Nevada Gaming registration card
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License.
- Obtain Alcohol Awareness card
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- Two Way Radio, Computer, Camera, Calculator, Telephone, Fax and Copier.
Physical Requirements of Job
Rarely – Ability to lift carry up to 50 pounds push pull up to 100 pounds
Occasionally – sitting 25%.
Frequently – Walking up to 75%
Continuously – environment is usually load and can be hectic and stressful at times, you will be exposed to passive cigarette smoke in the casino
Not Applicable (N/A)