General Summary of Job Duties
Guest Room Attendant cleans Hotel Rooms and Common Hotel areas while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Clean Guest rooms to the high level of standards that have been set by the Hotel
- Clean all common areas of the Hotel to the high level of standards that have been set by the Hotel
- Maintain a safe and clean Housekeeping Cart
- Proper use of cleaning supplies and proper labeling of cleaning supplies being used
- Clean RV Park Bathrooms and Laundry facilities if needed
- All duties as a Houseperson if needed
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future
- Following proper Hotel procedures for lost and found items
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job
- Other duties as assigned
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.