General Summary of Job Duties
The Risk and Safety Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of Risk Management programs on all JEI properties, limiting the Company’s liability to a minimum, while providing adequate training and safety programs for the protection of guests, and team members. The Risk and Safety Manager provides support to company managers and the HR team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all safety laws and regulations. Works with management to provide a safe work/play environment for all employees/guests.
- Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to JEI Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Effectively assists hands-on in litigation and/or mitigation of all Colorado/Nevada WC claims, GL claims, Product Liability claims, Property claims and valet claims (with attorneys, paralegals, arbitrators) - thereby reducing overall exposure.
- Assist, plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and drug testing.
- Develops leadership and guidance in drafting and reviewing emergency plans, policies, processes and procedures.
- Oversee the establishment and active role of the property-level safety committees.
- Perform safety surveys and inspections; prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated; and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provide direction of property-level Food and Beverage Food Safety Training Courses, working closely with the Corporate Training and Development Manager.
- Ensure programs in place to train all employees on proper Food Safety and Sanitation standards
- Must have knowledge of HACCP, SOP(s) and Food Safety Principles.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, benchmarking, and statistical skills.
- Ability and willingness to balance multiple, complex project and deadlines, by determining critical issues, timelines, and priorities, so that analyses stay focused and solution-oriented, ensuring that projects are brought to completion within the agreed upon timeframe
- Represent the company to external organizations, peers and employees when necessary; and testify in court when necessary.
- Coordinate all Certificates of Insurance for various property events and vehicles.
- Coordinate Bloodborne Pathogens Control Plan
- Manage non-slip shoe program
- Coordinates loss control and safety programs and policies in conjunction with departmental representatives.
- Working with HR, develops and implements an employee safety program which effectively identifies causes of accidents and initiates purposeful action to eliminate the causes or minimize their impact.
- Inspects work sites and reviews operating procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal safety and health regulations
- Assist with customer-reported ADA complaints
Skills and Education Requirements
- Current OSHA 30-Hour General Industry certification or ability to be certified within 60-days of hire.
- Current ServSafe Manager certification or ability to be certified within 60-days of hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Knowledge of government regulations (FDA, USDA, Local Food Code);
- Minimum of 2-years of Human Resources knowledge.
- Demonstrated expertise and commitment in applying safety policies and standards
- Possess or be working toward PHR certification.
- Related degree, ARM - helpful but not required
- Travel multiple times per year to Nevada, Louisiana and frequently to Black Hawk
- Ability for emergency response travel
Bilingual in English/Spanish Preferred-
Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to accurately write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. A high level understanding of interpersonal skills to productively deal with business contacts and team members at all levels of the company. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Possess a strong attention to detail and engaging presentation skills. Has the ability to effectively present information.