General Summary of Job Duties
Trains to maintain and repair all equipment and functions in and around the Casino property excluding gaming equipment. Answer radio calls for assistance and perform regular preventive maintenance procedures on equipment. Will be accountable for trash transport duties from holding areas to the compactor. Will also maintain all trash equipment and cleanliness of all trash areas. Will operate scrubbers, snow shovels, etc.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Trash transport and cleaning.
- Use cleaning equipment such as pressure washer, etc.
- Assists with basic maintenance of the property to include4 painting and light carpentry work, etc.
- Assists other maintainers as necessary.
- Assists with special projects.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic reading and writing abilities.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that contribute to smooth working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Ability to work safely with power tools.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado Gaming License.
- Must have a valid Colorado DL to operate said equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- General Maintenance experience preferred.