General Summary of Job Duties
Assist the bartenders in keeping the bars fully stocked and up to par, maintain the bar and service stations, clean lounge, work within the guidelines of the service standards of the department. Fill all cocktail orders in a timely manner. Be aware of State Gaming and Liquor Laws.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Relay guest complaints and compliments to the F&B Supervisor.
- Familiarity with all menu items, menu prices and hours of operation and promotions.
- Maintain a clean work area, professional appearance and present positive customer service techniques.
- Ensures consistency and quality.
- Filling in requisitions of bar products according to the pars established by the department.
- Stocking the bars with all products delivered by the warehouse staff.
- Cutting fruit to garnish the drinks.
- Stocking the bar and cocktail stations with ice.
- Dispose of all trash in all bars.
- Cleaning and stocking both beverage service stations.
- Sweep and mop bar area, beer cooler and lounge.
- Clean floor mats.
- Clean Soda and Liquor rooms.
- Clean bar equipment.
- Weekly deep cleaning duties.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have an understanding of English.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Basic computer knowledge and cash handling skills.
- Pleasant telephone voice.
- Previous experience in bars, restaurant or club (1 year).
- Knowledge of liquor products.