General Summary of Job Duties
To provide excellent beverage service to our guests in the Casino ensuring a quality gaming experience each and every time they join us.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to The Lodge and Gilpin Casino. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Responsible for preparing bar area for business prior to opening on a daily basis, cutting fruit, stocking supplies and making coffee.
- Responsible for provided beverage service to guests, taking drink order and delivering the appropriate beverage in a timely manner in accordance with Company Policy. .
- Responsible for aiding the customers on request in providing change. Responsible for performing closing and stocking duties at end of shift on a daily basis.
- Picking up abandoned glasses from the Casino floor.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Other projects may be assigned on occasion.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Writing skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that reflect a welcoming and friendly attitude towards all guests at all times.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system helpful.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Gaming License
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of making drinks. One (1) year bartending, one (1) year customer service experience.