Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Responsible for conducting routine machine drops in an efficient manner, according to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for balancing the vault daily
- Verifies Casino Associate paperwork daily and reports any errors to the Assistant General Manager/General Manager immediately.
- Responsible for inventory of and ordering supplies for the bar.
- Orders change from bank when necessary.
- Assists the AGM with casino drops and reviews for accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to counsel and develop subordinates in a fair, equal, and favorable work environment.
- Ability to perform basic math and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and gross profit margins.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and produce manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Must be designated Representative and certified on all video poker machines.