General Summary of Job Duties
The Line Cook is responsible for providing freshly prepared quality food to our guests in our Restaurants ensuring a quality dining experience each and every time they join us.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
• Responsible for handling all station functions of assigned kitchen.
• Responsible for preparing, finishing and garnishing all menu items of assigned kitchen.
• Maintains proper supplies to meet daily forecast.
• Insures that preparation, quality and presentation are according to standards and procedures.
• Cuts and serves meats, poultry and fish in accordance with daily production schedule.
• Checks and insures quality and trim of meats, poultry and fish.
• Practices proper procedures and methods of minimize waste.
• Insures that station is kept clean during and at the end of shift
• Understands and follows sanitary and proper food handling procedures.
• Ensures that all food items are properly stored and rotated.
• Provides input to Chef regarding kitchen employee performance reviews.
• Other projects may be assigned on occasion.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
• Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
• Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
• Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
• Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
• Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
• Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
o Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
o Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
o Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
o Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
o Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
o Be proactive and positive.
o If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
o Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
o Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
o Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
• SERVICE EXCELLENCE
o Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
o Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
o Escort our guests rather than point.
o Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
o Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
• TEAM WORK
o Share and explain information.
o Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
o Great teams consist of great performers.
o Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
o Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
• Basic Reading and Writing skills.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Communication skills that contribute to smooth working relationships with co-workers.
• Ability to function as part of a team.
• Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
• Ability to make good decisions that will benefit the kitchen operation.
Education or Formal Training:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
• Minimum of one year experience working in a food preparation and cooking environment.