General Summary of Job Duties
The dishwasher position supports the kitchen staff by providing sparkling clean dishes and service ware to ensure great customer service and satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Responsible for cleaning all back of the house areas, including kitchen, restaurant, food storage and trash handling areas.
- Responsible for cleaning china, glass, silverware, cooking equipment, utensils, pots, and pans.
- Responsible for scraping dishes, collecting and transporting waste and garbage.
- Responsible for returning clean items to proper preparation area i.e., kitchen or restaurant.
- Responsible for cleaning floor drains.
- Responsible for removing all boxes, milk crates and trash to outside dumpsters.
- Responsible for following sanitary and proper food handling procedures.
- Performs general weekly or monthly maintenance as deemed necessary by kitchen management.
- Assists with back of the house supply and clean up as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.