General Summary of Job Duties
Prepares, seasons and cooks all line items to order and other food.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Complete daily side work.
- Prep for vegetable of the day, sauces for the day, stock freezer for line, slice fruit, and fill all containers for condiments.
- Prep items for line, heat all hot food.
- Prep all meat for line, prime rib, and cook bacon.
- Prepare items ordered on tickets for guests.
- Prep for salad station, stock refrigerators.
- Clean Kitchen Line and Equipment.
- May be assigned additional duties as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have an understanding of English.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Strong communications skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Prefer to have previous cooking skills in a restaurant setting.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- 1 Year of previous kitchen and or cooking experience preferred.