General Summary of Job Duties
Takes of general, hotel front desk duties including checking in and out hotel guests, cash and credit card handling, basic hotel accounting, shift audits, answering the phones and general information.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Makes reservations for future hotel guests via use of computer and detailed hotel software, over the telephone and in person.
- Checks guests in and out of the hotel via the computer and various other computer programs as well as all functions that accompany these procedures.
- Communicates with co-workers, supervisor and manager as well as the housekeeping staff on all pertinent hotel property matters and PBX activities.
- Performs some luggage handling in lieu of Valet attendants’ absence.
- Collects cash or credit card payments from guest for room and any incidental charges with use of adding machine and computer.
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manner.
- Occasionally room cleaning.
- Deliver items to guest room upon request.
- Fill in as operator or night auditor in their absence.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Help train new employees when needed.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic computer knowledge, phone etiquette and cash handling experience required.
- Must be fluent in English and have strong communication skills.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience required.
- Experience in customer service or hotel industry preferred but not required.
- 2 yrs cash handling and computer experience preferred