General Summary of Job Duties
Takes care of and oversees general hotel housekeeping functions. This includes but is not limited to room inspections, ordering supplies, scheduling, room cleaning, employee reviews, guest problems, room cleaning and general staffing issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Coordinates cleaning of all guest rooms on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
- Inspects rooms upon housekeepers’ completion to verify cleanliness and placement of amenities.
- Communicates with front desk on completion of rooms for occupancy and enters updates into the computer.
- Maintains necessary amenity and maintenance supplies and assures proper inventory for smooth operation
- Room cleaning upon staffing shortage.
- Will help in the training of new employees as well as the retraining of veteran employees in regards to the implementation of new procedures and policies.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of your job.
- Deep cleaning of rooms will be a regular duty and this will require basic maintenance, painting and operation of carpet shampooer.
- Occasionally may be asked to fill in for a housekeeper, cleaning up to 14 rooms per day.
- Deliver items such as sundries and linens down the hallway to guest room upon request.
- Will act as a liaison between the front desk and housekeeping staffs alongside the Hotel Manager and Front Desk Leads.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High school graduate with basic computer knowledge, phone etiquette and hotel housekeeping experience.
- Experience in customer service and hotel industry required.
- Must understand basic English. Spanish basics preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 yrs hotel housekeeping with at least 1 year supervisory experience preferred.