The Casino Cage Manager/Guest Services Manager operates the player’s club system effectively, ensure compliance with Gaming (Title 31), and practice/instill excellent customer service skills through all Guest Services Department. Guest Services Manager must have an in-depth understanding of accounting procedures, must coordinate all cage transactions, complete all cage paperwork, and assist in problem solving of discrepancies. Employee must have a complete understanding of all gaming rules and regulations.
Ideal Candidate Has:
* Prepared a Resume
* Direct Supervisory Experience: Five Years
* Direct Management Experience: Two Years
* Computer Skills: Proven High-Level Proficiency
* Leadership Skills: Proven ability to influence a successful team (interview, hire, train, discipline)
* Is familiar with the local gaming market (Reno, Carson City, Lake Tahoe, surrounding areas) and able to interview in-person. No travel expense provided.
* Will apply directly to the Gold Dust West, Carson City website at the link below: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=JACOENTE&cws=50&rid=4654
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement
- Coordinate all cage transactions, complete all cage paperwork and assist in problem solving
- Complete understanding of all gaming rules and regulations (Title 31)
- Maintain cash bank inventory
- Routinely cash checks
- Lead and ensure a smooth flow of business and a spirit of cooperation and teamwork with cage employees and Guest Services Supervisors.
- Perform customer service in a pleasant acceptable manner
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as established by management
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to problem solve transaction errors (over & short), willingness to learn, follow, and suggest any policy or procedure that may help company mission
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings
- Other duties as assigned
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must have an understanding of accounting procedures
- Two years direct experience in a management capacity
- Five years direct experience in a supervisory capacity
- High-level proficiency with computers (basics include: use of shared drive, email, reporting, profit & loss, disciplinary actions
- Other Requirements include full accountability:
- profit and loss for department (must prepare monthly substantiation and update accounting software with comments)
- hiring/staffing (must have experience screening, interviewing, and onboarding new hires to Guest Services)
- training & disciplinary (must prepare documented training)