General Summary of Job Duties
The Regional Talent Manager provides leadership, support, strategy and vision to HR Managers and applicant trackers who provide recruiting support to hiring managers across Nevada properties. Responsible for recruitment sources and referring applicants for all positions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Establishes relationships and partners with hiring manager(s) to understand business goals and staffing needs, preferred candidate profile and identifies recruitment sources to recommend and implement optimal recruitment strategies.
- Develop effective recruiting and hiring strategies.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for advertising messages and mediums
- Conducts thorough screening and in-depth interviews to properly assess skill sets and competencies of candidates to obtain work history, education, training, compensation requirements, and other job-related information to assess organizational fit.
- Review and discuss candidates considered and manager's selection recommendations including counseling on offer details.
- Works closely with the business to maximize current recruitment sources and identify new recruitment sources; to develop creative sourcing strategies to continually and proactively build a diverse candidate pipeline.
- Partners with hiring managers throughout the process and keeps managers appropriately informed of status of recruitment activities and communications with candidates.
- Partner with hiring managers in onboarding process to ensure individual departments have optimal measures in place to maximize retention.
- Conducts and oversees post-offer follow-up including correspondence, pre-adverse and adverse impact letters if needed, complete file documentation in accordance with established procedures, notifications to appropriate staff, etc.
- Performs testing (as needed) and conducts complete reference checks on all final management candidates prior to hire.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation of recruitment activity, decisions, and efforts.
- Assures timely updating of pertinent information.
- Prepares reports as requested. Maintains recordkeeping and reporting systems in accordance with established practices.
- Participates in assessing onboarding programs for the Region.
- Actively contributes towards effective recruiting metrics such as cost per hire, time to fill, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Procurement of partnerships with community organizations and attend career events throughout the Denver Metro area on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Must be literate and fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Literate and fluent in Spanish a plus.
- Acute awareness of recruitment trends in the hospitality industry
- Experience building and leading full-cycle recruiting
- Experience building and presenting recruiting metrics
- Skills partnering with management to creatively source and assess talent
- Solid business acumen, oral/written communications skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a valid Nevada Gaming License.
- Casino or hospitality experience desired.
- Other projects or assignments that may be assigned.
- Minimum of 5-10 years recruiting or HR experience
- Conduct and evaluation recruits using behavioral analysis tools provided by the company
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity.
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States.