General Summary of Job Duties
The Guest Services Representative must be able to accurately handle large sums of cash, communicate with other personnel, perform customer service and train new employees. The employee must have an understanding of accounting procedures and must be able to coordinate all cage transactions; complete all cage paperwork. The employee must be knowledgeable of Gaming Regulations and Internal Control Minimum Procedures (ICMP’s) that affect Cage operations and must be familiar with basic computer operations.
The employee will promote the facilities, services, programs and events to ensure unsurpassed guest services
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- May assist in maintaining vault in compliance with Gaming guidelines - and to stay accountable for the monies entrusted to them and to comply with all gaming regulations and accounting practices.
- May assist in preparing the daily bank deposit of currency, checks, coin and other items
- Maintain a cash bank inventory - To provide customers with cash and coin expeditiously so they may play slot machines or table games - and to stay accountable for the monies entrusted to them and to comply with all gaming regulations and accounting practices.
- Maintain and complete all required paperwork - To stay accountable for the monies entrusted to them and to comply with all gaming regulations and accounting practices.
- Cooperate with the Supervisor - To ensure a smooth flow of business and a spirit of cooperation within the cage.
- Perform customer service in a pleasant acceptable manner - To ensure the customer has a pleasant experience and is willing to return to the casino.
- Provide personalized services to guests, focusing on known rated players and players who can be developed into high-end players.
- Promote the Gold Rewards Club to guest that do not have a club card; secure a club card for the guest if desired
- Redeem all guest coupons.
- Issue and enter in IGS dinner, hotel, and other comps for all qualified casino players.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming special events, promotions, entertainment as well as all casino activities.
- Resolve any problem or perceived inconvenience in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain familiarity with the internal Company expectations and procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with Gaming Regulations and ICMP’.s
- Ensures and follows all guidelines and procedures as established by management.
- Maintain proper etiquette toward other employees and customers.
- Routinely cash checks.
- Ensures daily paperwork from shift is submitted to Revenue Audit at completion of shift.
- Verifies or coordinates the verification of hard and soft counts into the Coin Room Inventory.
- Provide a positive work environment, encourage teamwork and cooperation within the department and with other departments.
- Support Player Card service areas during busy times.
- Assist Marketing with promotions and other marketing responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.