General Summary of Job Duties
The Craps Dealer is responsible for dealing all Craps, Black Jack, and Three Card Poker games proficiently and professionally. Ensure that all House and Gaming rules and regulations are being implemented. Provide the highest level of player service.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Deal Craps game according to ICMP (internal controls) and Regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Other duties associated with pit operations.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Black Jack Dealer
- Three (3) Card Poker Dealer
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic Reading and Writing skills.
- Good counting ability.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Craps, Black Jack, and Three (3) Card Poker.
- Knowledge of Nevada Gaming regulations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience
- Prefer dealer school education or one (1) year experience as a Craps Dealer.