General Summary of Job Duties
The Surveillance Department is committed to serving the needs of Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. through investigation and diligent collection of data pertinent to the operation of its casino properties. To that end, we strive to maintain and employ the most innovative equipment available; to monitor the operations of and activities within our casinos conscientiously; to record the casinos’ operations and activities thoroughly; and to manage that information responsibly guided by regulatory authorities’ demands, company policies, Jacobs Entertainment, Inc.’s Mission and Values Statements, and the highest ethical and professional standards in our industry.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Responsible for continually monitoring the hotel and casino operations to endure adherence to the state gaming regulations, in house internal controls and company policies and procedures.
- Checks all surveillance equipment at the star of the shift to ensure these are in good working condition.
- Views the casino areas for identification of cheating activities, undesirables, pilferage and embezzlement.
- Maintains the daily logs.
- Assists Security in protecting the welfare of the employees and guests of the casino and hotel.
- Coordinates with local, state and federal law enforcement in the investigation of criminal activity which occurred on company property.
- Keeps the surveillance equipment and working area clean at all times.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excels in retaining and recalling information.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Knowledge of Gaming regulations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must possess a valid Gaming License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years gaming and or investigation experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with computer related systems.