General Summary of Job Duties
The Corporate Accounts Payable Specialist is a fast-paced, deadline driven, high-volume accounts payable position that requires a high level of organization and multi-tasking. The position involves substantial data-entry in multiple systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver and maintain excellent guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Process invoices, credit memos, check requests, expense reports and manual payments for one or more assigned properties/locations.
- Track, print and verify incoming off-site scanned invoices to system reports to generation weekly payments.
- Timely mailing of vendor payments,
- Monthly vendor statement reconciliation.
- Daily management of email inbox.
- Maintain filing and general housekeeping, as appropriate.
- Data entry into Great Plains and/or PDI accounting software.
- Review, process and code invoices.
- Create credit memos, check requests, ACH transactions and expense reports.
- Verify approvals, capture discounts, verify vendor terms and request updates to vendor profile as necessary.
- Review transactions for accuracy and correct, advise or escalate errors accordingly.
- Maintain multiple utility spreadsheets.
- Gather required accrual information and deliver to accounting team on a monthly basis.
- Identify accuracy of sales tax applied or needed on invoices and adjust for sales or use tax as applicable.
- Verify sales tax rates are properly assessed, accrued and recorded.
- Reconcile vendor statements monthly. Review, research and resolve all open items.
- Process weekly check runs, daily hot checks and manual payments.
- Update and manage various tracking spreadsheets.
- Accounts Payable electronic and hard-copy file maintenance.
- Process manager requested checks.
- 1099 processing.
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare reports and gather information as directed.
- Meet all work-related deadlines.
- Provide support for internal and external auditors as directed.
- Thorough knowledge and adherence to, of company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with internal and external guests (employees, customers, vendors) at all times.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front-line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Work Experience.
- 1-2 years related experience, training or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret invoices, monthly statements, and purchase orders.
- Proven ability to multi-task and process a significant volume of incoming documents, internal and external guest inquiries, email and telephone calls.
- Knowledge and experience to calculate discounts, interest, sales tax and commissions.
- Proven ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Proven ability to work independently, while responsibly under pressure and work independently and assume responsibility.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Word and other computer programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.