General Summary of Job Duties
Manages, supervises and coordinates the work activities of Security Staff; overseeing all operations in the Department.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- General problem solving to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists to enhance the performance of the Department.
- Completion of administrative tasks in support of the Department, including but not limited to payroll, disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, employee recognition tasks and budgetary/financial planning and management.
- Generate, revise and interpret company policies and procedures pertaining to the safety of the guests and employees as well as the security of the Company and its assets.
- Generate and revise reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of your job.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to effectively lead and influence others to accomplish desired organizational goals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume a must.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervision and direction of Security Supervisors.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Key License from the Division of Gaming.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years of Equivalent Work Experience.
- 1-2 years of related experience or training.