General Summary of Job Duties
The White Buffalo Fine Dining Cook efficiently and skillfully produces a high quality, fresh food product for our White Buffalo restaurant guests. Follows standardized recipes to consistently prepare various menu items as needed. Greets and assists guests in a friendly, professional manner. Utilizes F.A.S.T. Track principles in all employee and guest interactions.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to The Lodge Casino Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Maintains a high level of quality and presentation of our menu items to ensure a quality dining experience for our White Buffalo restaurant guest.
- Produces all menu items for the White Buffalo using various cooking techniques (sauté, roast, steam, broil, braise, etc.). Garnishes items as needed.
- Sets up and works stations (Pantry, Sauté, Grill, Expediter) as assigned.
- Follows recipes exactly to ensure a consistent product. Measures and weighs items as required.
- Monitors and maintains the expected level of prepared items.
- Completes production demand in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of work areas and food storage areas throughout shift.
- Provides supervisor with list of items needed for shift production.
- Notifies supervisor of any quality or freshness concerns.
- Fabricates meat, fish, and/or poultry as needed.
- Practices procedures to increase yields (minimizes waste).
- Assists in the production of daily specials and soups.
- Stores prepared items appropriately, following “FIFO” and labeling procedures.
- Adheres to all health department policies and procedures. Follows proper food storage, rotation, and temperature practices. Assists in the completion of temperature logs.
- Adheres to all company safety policies.
- Greets and assists guests in a friendly, professional manner. Utilizes F.A.S.T. Track principles in all employee and guest interactions.
- Assists other White Buffalo Cooks when needed.
- Assists Sous Chef or Executive Chef however needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude that contributes to a pleasant working environment.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have a working knowledge of the food service industry.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Work Experience
- Successful Completion of ServSafe Class
- At least 1 year of cooking experience in a high volume food establishment.
- Fine dining experience preferred