General Summary of Job Duties
The Deli Attendant is responsible for service to Casino guests and employees in a timely manner with the FAST track theme as the primary goal. Friendly, accountable service accomplished with team effort.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to The Lodge and Gilpin Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Must display teamwork with all departments be motivated and display a friendly work environment at all times. Be courteous and considerate to guest and coworkers as well as helpful and patience.
- Be acceptable to learning and working all deli work stations as well as assisting coworkers in other deli work area’s
- Must be able to learn how and be able to operate and clean all deli equipment properly as required daily (knives, turbo chef oven, microwave ovens, steam tables, etc.)
- Be able to constantly learn the proper prepping and preparing of all deli menu items and using required deli specifications of ingredient use, ingredient measures and proper plating.
- Operate touch screen cash register and computer devices.
- Have appropriate reading and writing skills.
- Have knowledge in money handling to include being able to correctly complete all necessary departmental, company and division of gaming paperwork.
- Knowledge of State of Colorado and company health and safety procedures for proper food handling.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Approach General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must be 18 or older.
- Equivalent Work Experience preferred.
- Food preparation experience helpful, but not required.