General Summary of Job Duties
Maintain dish room and dish machine. Ensure that all dishes are free of debris and spots before returning to wait stations. Maintain the salad bar by making sure it is stocked at all times and food is properly rotated.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Cleans all back of the house areas, including kitchen, restaurant, food storage and trash handling areas.
- Cleans china, glass, silverware, cooking equipment, utensils, pots, and pans.
- Scrapes dishes, collecting and transporting waste and garbage.
- Returns clean items to proper preparation area i.e., kitchen or restaurant.
- Maintains the cleanliness and food selections of the Salad Bar area
- Cleans floor drains.
- Follows sanitary and proper food handling procedures.
- Performs general weekly or monthly maintenance as deemed necessary by kitchen management.
- Assists with back of the house supply and clean up as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic Reading and Writing skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that contribute to smooth working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Six months experience dishwashing and food preparation in a large volume food establishment helpful.