General Summary of Job Duties
Under general supervision, performs intermediate hardware server setup, installation and configuration of the operating system, new releases and upgrades. Monitors, tunes, diagnoses and resolves intermediate operating system problems. Executes a backup and recovery process for all data systems. Develops and implements intermediate scripts to automate common functions or system operations. Utilizes administrative tools to monitor and schedule simple system tasks
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Participate in surveillance departmental meetings to understand strategic goals, initiatives, and communicate them to the IT department.
- Communicate ongoing or upcoming system resource needs to IT to ensure optimal efficiency
- Ability to gain an understanding of operational processes and needs as it relates to technology and work effectively with operational staff in the coordination of projects and identifying operational technology needs.
- Keeps equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs.
- Recommends appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage.
- Recommends adjustments to systems to ensure cost efficient and effective systems infrastructure.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations
- Maintain security and privacy of the systems.
- Develop, review, and certify all system-related back-ups and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Keeps current with technology updates to ensure technology opportunities are taken advantage of, whether the opportunities relate to speed, improved processing, cost efficiencies, etc.
- Evaluates new systems or services and suggests changes to existing systems.
- Thorough knowledge and adherence of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Required Certifications
- VMware or equivalent
- Two of the following or equivalent
- College courses or certified systems administration training, or 3 year’s equivalent work experience.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic work place
- Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others
- Has an awareness of, researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line, works well with tech resources
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
- Ability to effectively communicate technology, infrastructure and process needs and requirements with all personnel levels; oral and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects a work with multiple levels of staff.
- Must be able to work a very flexible shift including weekends, nights and holidays when necessary
- Must possess valid Colorado as well as Nevada Gaming License and other applicable licensure as required.