General Summary of Job Duties
This position is responsible for processing all casino payable invoices, credit memos, check requests and expense reports, record cash deposits, disbursements, filing and maintain daily cash position, vendor statement reconciliation and review, research and correct PDI transactions.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Receives the various invoices, purchase orders, delivery and receiving reports, disbursement requests from vendors as well as from the different departments of the company.
- Sorts and compiles all documents necessary to substantiate payment of invoices received.
- Coordinates with departments and/or vendors concerned regarding supporting documents needed to process the invoices.
- Inputs data of invoices due for payment into the A/P system, adjusting amounts to reflect taxes, freight charges or variances.
- Runs the various invoice reports and vouchers; sends them to the different signatories for approval.
- Prepares the corresponding checks for approved vouchers/invoices and sends them out through mail.
- Maintains an updates file of all processed invoices and supporting documents.
- Answers inquiries from vendors regarding status of their invoices.
- Stops payment of lost checks and reinstates invoices for payment.
- Prepare and provide upper management with reports and information as directed by Accounting Manager.
- Provide support for independent auditors as directed by Accounting Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all invoices, monthly statements and purchase orders.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests and commissions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule from.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Works well under pressure and can work independently and assume responsibility.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Work Experience.
- 1-2 years related experience, training or equivalent combination of education/experience. Working knowledge of Excel and other computer programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.