General Summary of Job Duties
The Hotel Houseperson provides GRA’s help as needed and/or assigned by cleaning Hotel rooms and common Hotel areas. Cleaning RV Park Laundry Room and Bathrooms as needed or as directed to, maintaining Housekeeping linen and/or storage rooms by stocking and organizing supplies and Linen. Job duties include but are not limited to shampooing carpets, moving furniture and/or any other cleaning task assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- All Duties of a GRA if needed
- Moping and cleaning all Hotel common areas including but not limited to vending machine areas, Hotel bathrooms, Hotel Lobby, etc.
- Empty all trash including Hotel Front Desk and Human Resources
- Completion of Houseperson Checklist on a daily basis
- Cleaning RV Park Restrooms and Laundry areas
- Assisting GRA’s
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.