General Summary of Job Duties
The Security Officer's basic function of this position is the protection of our guest, employees and company property by observing, reporting and following through with established security/company policies and procedures. It is responsible for performing various tasks, which are set forth in the Security Departmental Policy Procedure Manual as well as performing customer service, which includes driving guests and employees as required, intervening in incidents of a potentially violent nature and possible combative situations.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- To provide for the safety of guests, employees and other company assets.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- The ability to display self-control when dealing with guests and employees.
- The ability to be CPR, AED and Basic First Aid qualified within 6 months of hire.
- The ability to read, write and speak in a concise and effective manner
- The ability to follow instructions and report anything out of the ordinary.
- The ability to work in a noisy and smoky environment.
- The ability to keep company matters confidential at all times.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.