General Summary of Job Duties
The Hampton Breakfast Bar Host is responsible for welcoming all guests in a friendly authentic manner, and providing a consistent presentation of Hampton’s On the House® Breakfast. The overall breakfast experience must be exemplary to each hotel guest.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
Follow all food safety requirements, local health department requirements and Hampton standard food handling and storage techniques.Whichever standard is higher takes precedence.
Practice the highest standards of personal hygiene.
Maintain food-safe breakfast preparation and service areas.
Follow all Zone Plan-o-Grams for required equipment and placement.
Analyze and order food and supplies to maintain appropriate levels with minimalized food waste.
Provide a high-quality selection of food by ordering items using the Hampton Approved Products List.
Learn the color coding guides of all six zones to maintain consistency - Hot, Cold, Baked, Fresh, Juice and Coffee.
Maintain the Perfect Mix Coffee Serving Table in the lobby during shift.
Prepare Hampton’s On the Run® Breakfast Bags based on occupancy.
Keep breakfast bar area clean and organized.
Keep all work areas clean, stocked, and organized including: food prep, pantry, and storage areas.
- Follow all OSHA regulations and Company policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
Adhere to all Hampton appearance and uniform standards.
Follow lost and found guidelines: Any items found in guest rooms, lobby, corridor, or in the back of the house are to be returned to the front desk.
Take care of hotel property: avoid scraping walls when pushing carts through hallways, slamming of doors, and other movements that may cause property damage.
Communicate with all hotel team members to keep daily operations running efficiently.
Follow all policies and procedures for guest, employee and hotel safety.
Stay current with all Hampton brand training programs.
Comply with all Hampton brand standards.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret OSHA required Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Handle and manage stress appropriately.
- Maintain a positive outgoing attitude.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming in compliance with Hampton brand standards.