General Summary of Job Duties
Security Shift Supervisor protects the internal and external assets of the casino and its patrons as well as the safety and health of its employees and patrons by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Responsible for supervising all Security personnel on an assigned shift.
- Assuring all company and Security departmental policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Scheduling personnel to meet the needs, as well as, the demands placed upon the shift.
- Maintaining and managing the use of overtime appropriately and as needed.
- Scheduling personnel regarding general work assignments, specific duties and breaks.
- Providing orientation of new Security personnel assigned to their shift and the necessary training to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- Counseling, guiding, and instructing Security personnel in the proper performance standards of the job.
- Ensuring that all on the job inquiries are correctly and appropriately reported, as well as, documented.
- Instructing assigned personnel regarding safety procedures and policies and reporting all safety hazards and to ensure that the hazards have been corrected.
- Leads by example and as needed takes charge of a situation exercising good judgement and common sense when dealing with people and/or under stressful situations.
- Cooperates with local law enforcement agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma and/or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications
- Minimum of 5 year supervisory experience or military