General Summary of Job Duties
Must be able to accurately handle large sums of cash, communicate with customers and other personnel, and perform customer service. Must be knowledgeable of Gaming Regulations and Internal Control Minimum Procedures (ICMP’s) and Title 31 that affect Cage operations. Must be familiar with basic computer operations.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to the Lodge Casino Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Maintain a cash bank inventory - To provide customers with cash and coin expeditiously so they may play slot machines or table games.
- Maintain and complete all required paperwork - To stay accountable for the monies entrusted to them and to comply with all gaming regulations and accounting practices.
- Cooperate with the Lead Cashier/Supervisor - To ensure a smooth flow of business and a spirit of cooperation within the cage.
- Perform customer service in a pleasant acceptable manner - To ensure the customer has a pleasant experience and is willing to return to the casino.
- Routinely cash checks, tickets and coupons.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the internal Company expectations and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all Gaming Regulations, ICMP’s and Title 31.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as established by management.
- Maintain proper etiquette toward other employees and customers.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Gaming License.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Basic computer skills. Word and Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to read.
- Must possess basic computer skills and ability to 10-key.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred.