General Summary of Job Duties
Employee must be able take orders and deliver food in a timely manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Greets customers seated in the assigned section.
- Takes down the food and drink orders and inputs them in the computer to generate the order.
- Prepares side orders of customers as the need arises.
- Picks up the food orders from the kitchen and delivers them to the tables.
- Assists and checks on the customers during the dining experience.
- Makes drink refills as necessary.
- Ensures that all phases of the meal are carried out appropriately and timely in accordance with the standards set by the department.
- Removes all dirty dishes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the completion of all side work throughout shift.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information. .
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that reflect a welcoming and friendly attitude towards all guests at all times.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system helpful.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience.
- 1-2 years of previous experience working in a large volume restaurant.
- Must be fluent in English and have good written an math skills