General Summary of Job Duties
Hotel Front Desk Clerk checks guests in and out of Hotel while handling all financial transactions associated with this process. Taking reservation by phone, email or in person, taking all calls and transferring to appropriate areas as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Registers the guests into the hotel by entering their information in the computer and assigning rooms according to guest’s needs or preferences.
- Accept all payments in cash, traveler’s checks or credit card and processes transaction.
- Directs the guests to room and calls a bellman to assist with luggage as necessary.
- Computes expenses incurred during their stay such as phone calls, pay-per-view movies, room service, etc.…and accepts payment for same.
- Coordinates with Bellman regarding luggage pick up for check outs.
- Books or makes future reservations.
- Accepts payment for advance reservations when necessary.
- Answers phone, takes messages and relays them when needed.
- Coordinates with other departments concerned regarding room availability and other matters related to front desk operations.
- Assists with special requests, complaints and problems.
- Prints all transactions at the end of the shift and reconciles totals with computer printout against cash on hand.
- Prepares and balances the shift end report and submits it to supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in the Hotel/Hospitality Industry preferred