General Summary of Job Duties
Must be able to accurately handle large sums of cash and chips. Provide quality guest service and promote the facilities, programs and events of the Gilpin/Lodge Casino. Give clear and concise information to current as well as new members. Must be knowledgeable of Gaming Regulations and Internal Control Minimum Procedures (ICMP’s) and Title 31 that affect Cage operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Maintain and balance a cash bank inventory up to $100,000.
- Maintain and complete all required paperwork, forms and coupons accurately.
- Sign up new members. Provide them with new club card and information about club benefits.
- Redeem guest’s bus coupons, cash grams, points, checks, cash advances, tickets and chips. Issue vouchers and pay patrons cash due.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming special events, promotions and entertainment as well as all casino activities and able to inform patrons.
- Take jackpot photos and forward them to the Media and Advertising Manager.
- Assist in resolving any problem or perceived inconvenience to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable of the internal Company expectations and procedures.
- Make announcements over PA for events and patron assistance.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures as established by management.
- Maintain proper etiquette toward other employees and customers.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Guest Service Leads, Cage Manager and Player Service Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Strong organizational and mathematical skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Communication skills that reflect a welcoming and friendly attitude towards all guests and coworkers at all times.
- Ability to function as part of a team, remain calm and professional at all times.
- Good computer skills - Word and Excel and able to operate a 10-key
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Work Experience
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred.
- Gaming knowledge a plus.
- Customer service experience required.