General Summary of Job Duties
The Seasons Sous Chef is to provide our guests with high quality, fresh food items in a clean and organized buffet atmosphere. The Sous Chef must act professional at all times, lead by example, and show respect to all guests and employees. Exhibits F.A.S.T. Track principles in all interactions with employees and guests. Manages and supervises a diverse kitchen staff to accomplish these objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Monitors the quality and presentation of all food items.
- Supervises and manages all kitchen staff.
- Requisitions food items from the warehouse, timely and accurately.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of all kitchen areas.
- Assists in the preparation of food items as needed.
- Ability to work any station in the kitchen or buffet, with proficiency.
- Fabricates meat, fish, and/or poultry as needed.
- Practices procedures to increase yields (minimizes waste).
- Assists in developing menus and recipes as needed.
- Completes daily log and temperature logs. Completes “line check” each meal period.
- Upholds all health department policies and procedures. Insures kitchen staff follows proper food storage, rotation, and temperature procedures.
- Adheres to all company safety policies.
- Utilizes F.A.S.T. Track principles.
- Assist Executive Chef however needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following; Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Documents employee attendance according to company policy.
- Completes various company forms (vacation, PAN, payroll request, etc.) as needed.
- Administers discipline to kitchen staff as needed.
- Reports all kitchen incidents/issues to the Executive Chef and other departments (HR, Security) as necessary.
- Monitors and insures employee breaks are administered.
- Completes weekly work schedule for kitchen staff.
- Assists with employee reviews.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude that contributes to a pleasant working environment.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have a working knowledge of the food service industry.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Culinary Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Successful Completion of ServSafe Class
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a high volume food establishment.