General Summary of Job Duties
Provide guest services while guests are dining in the restaurant according to established standards and procedures. Know menu items & prices, service hours and stations. Open and close wait stations and assist in all aspects of floor operations. Fill all Cocktail orders in a timely manner. Cooperate with team members to facilitate the flow of the dining room. Adhere to all company policies and procedures and be aware of State gaming and Liquor Laws.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Relay guest complaints and compliments to the supervisor.
- Familiarity with all menu items, menu prices and hours of operation & promotions.
- Maintain a clean work area, professional appearance and present positive customer service techniques.
- Ensures consistency & quality.
- Provide service to guests while dining.
- Assist Busser in pre-bussing of tables
- Set up or close of wait station.
- Clean stations and tables.
- Complete daily side work.
- Assist guests with questions regarding activities on the property.
- Practice good customer relations.
- Expect to be present at all pre-shift meetings and be informed of all events in the department.
- Cooperate with all co-workers in all departments of the operation.
- Practice TIPS awareness and the responsible serving of alcohol.
- Practice awareness in serving alcohol; report all intoxicated guests to the F & B or MOD.
- Complete daily side work.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have an understanding of English.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Strong communications skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Basic computer knowledge and cash handling skills.
- Knowledge of Infogenesis & Patron systems helpful.
- Pleasant telephone voice.
- Liquor card required.