General Summary of Job Duties
The Security Officer coordinates activities with all casino staff to protect the internal and external assets of the casino and its patrons, as well as the safety and health of its employees and patrons by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Assists Security Supervisor with planning, organizing and coordinating all security policies to make sure they are current and implemented on a regular basis.
- Identifies security problems and develops solutions in coordination with management.
- Ensures adherence of GDW/Elko Security Policy including Nevada law and Division of Gaming Regulations.
- Ensures security for all classified information held on company premises.
- Ensures the safety of all patrons and employees.
- Assists patrons as needed and provides customer service to internal and external guests.
- Perform duties of Surveillance Agent when needed.
- Assist Maintenance crew with snow removal as needed.
- Bio-Hazard clean-up as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on-time to all scheduled shifts and meetings is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be fluent in English; verbal and written.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Nevada Gaming License
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications.
- Must possess a valid Drivers License for past 5 years, current in Nevada.
- Basic typing and computer skills
- 6 months previous experience in a job related position is preferred.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office preferred