General Summary of Job Duties
The Casino Shift Manager is responsible for scheduling, implementing, and coordinating all of the duties of the Relief Casino Shift Managers. This position will manage and train all Relief Casino Shift Managers for the purpose of ensuring the safety and integrity of the property.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Coordinate with and assist the Relief Casino Shift Managers in carrying out their job duties.
- Perform in the capacity of a Relief Casino Shift Manager during assigned shifts.
- Create and implement monthly schedules for Relief Casino Shift Managers.
- Training, evaluating, and managing Relief Casino Shift Managers.
- Promote positive work atmosphere, including support and assistance to all the management and staff.
- Be familiar with and communicate with staff all marketing promotions and upcoming casino events.
- Assist property management staff with special projects, events and promotions (as business dictates).
- Assess and resolve any problems or perceived internal/external guest inconveniences.
- Be familiar with and hold employees accountable for Safety and Security processes and procedures.
- Monitor schedules and activities to maintain efficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to read, analyze, and interpret gaming regulations and minimum internal controls.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Have good analytical skills to resolve both minor and difficult problems.
- Understand slot procedures and mechanics in order to solve slot machine related problems.
- The ability to exercise appropriate judgment and make good decisions.
- The ability to formulate and implement training programs to enhance skills.
- The ability to understand and navigate slot tracking and management software.
- The ability to pass all required training which includes Alcohol Awareness and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 years of management or 7 years of gaming supervisory experience.