General Summary of Job Duties
Key people provide upbeat, positive customer service to guests. They possess the ability to get along well with people in a busy and sometimes diverse environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- A Casino floor support staff position. Contributes to the overall atmosphere and appearance of the casino by assisting other floor departments as needed.
- Assists and/or performs jackpot payoffs, change, e-Cash downloads and machine malfunctions as needed.
- Provides guests with monthly promotional information.
- Attempts to sign up non-carded guests by marketing the benefits of being a Gold Rewards Club member.
- Adheres to all Nevada Gaming regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be literate and fluent in English.
- Ability to accurately handle large sums of money.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under varied situations.