General Summary of Job Duties
The Hampton Laundry Attendant is responsible for consistently producing clean, bright and crisp linens for the hotel to provide each guest with an overall exemplary experience. Other job duties may include assisting housekeeping department team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Pick-up soiled linens from laundry chutes and/or laundry carts.
- Pre-sort and separate linen accordingly and transfer to work carts.
- Separate out laundry requiring mending or special stain removal.
- Empty the prepared linen from carts to washers.
- Clean empty carts.
Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload linens from machines.
Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to formula provided.
Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to housekeeping supervisor.
Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
Iron, fold and count items to maintain Hampton brand standards
Run folding equipment to fold mats, blankets, towels, bedspreads, etc.
Feed sheeting in to the iron at established production rate.
Feed linens into folding machines or hand folding them at established production rates.
Clean up and maintenance of flat work area.
- Hand folding of various bulky items such as blankets, bed pads, duvet covers, etc.
Assist in inventory by counting and recording various items. Complete inventory sheets.
Deliver clean linen from laundry department to linen/housekeeping rooms.
Clean and maintain laundry room and equipment. Stock supplies
Properly use all cleaners and cleaning equipment.
Follow lost and found guidelines: Any items found in guest rooms, lobby, corridor, or in the back of the house are to be returned to the front desk.
Take care of hotel property; avoid scraping walls when pushing carts through hallways, slamming of doors, and other movements that may cause property damage.
Communicate with all hotel team members to keep daily operations running efficiently.
Follow all policies and procedures for guest, employee and hotel safety.
Stay current with all Hampton brand training programs.
Comply with all Hampton brand standards.
Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive outgoing attitude.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming in compliance with Hampton brand standards.